Each title in Barron’s brand-new Dog Bibles Series for dog lovers and prospective dog purchasers discusses a specific dog breed in detail, describes the title breed’s physical traits, history, and behavior characteristics, and instructs owners on training methods. Important topics covered include–
- What to look for when choosing a puppy
- Living with a dog and understanding breed-specific traits
- Everyday care, grooming and exercise
- Nutrition, health maintenance, and potential breed-specific health problems
- Training and play activities
Extra features include sidebars with breed facts and helpful hints, quick tips on training, and 150-to-200 attractive color photos. A hidden spiral binding ensures that the book will stay open and flat at any desired page. A DVD is enclosed with each book. It presents an informal dog training course for new owners, describing methods for house training, walking dogs on a leash, and teaching obedience to hand signals and vocal commands.